Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mummsies Little Gift

My totally wonderful and awesome Mum (insert english accent here)  had a birthday a couple weeks ago.
I made her a little gift.
She is into to DIY and she has always wanted her own tool box.

So I wanted to do a little some-thin some-thin for her birthday.
I looked on line for Pink tool boxes. They were ALL - WAY WAY out of my price range!
But then PINK is not my Moms favorite color.
LIME GREEN IS!!

SOOO - I said to myself. "Self, just paint one!"

Then the wheels started churn'in.
So here is what I did...
I head over to my local Home Depot. And bought a standard, black plastic TOOL BOX.
I taped off the handle and other thingy's that I wanted to leave black or gray.
And I plastic primed away....



Plastic Primer is a MUST! The regular paint wont stick if you don't prime it. (not that I know from experience or anything) 
After the Primer was done drying, I sprayed it LIME GREEN - Mummy's Favorite Color!!
Let is dry for a good 27 hours. (I counted, don't judge)

And here is the final result. (sorry for the cell phone photo, was in a hurry to get to give it to Mummsie and didn't grab my camera)

I added the vinyl, that I just made real quick with my Sillouette!

I think it turned out AMAZING! And the best part was that good ole' Mummsie loved it!! (I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment